Valley Transit District is a public transit agency that operates a fleet of 14 minibuses on a reserved ride basis. Simply call our dispatching center to schedule your ride between 6:00am-5:30pm the previous business day. If you are a Valley Transit District certified ADA passenger and the prior day is a weekend or holiday, a trip request may be left on the VTD reservation automated voicemail. Because of limited funding, we operate a shared ride system, which means that there may be one or more stops before we deliver you to your destination.
Our service is fully accessible and can accommodate wheelchairs and other mobility devices. Our drivers will provide curb to curb assistance from your origin to your destination.
Making a Reservation
The dispatcher/reservationist will make your trip reservation in accordance with the time you need to arrive at your destination. When making a reservation, please be prepared to give us the following information:
- Your name and phone number where you can be reached at your pick-up location.
- Address of your pick-up location.
- Date and Time that you need to arrive at your destination.
- Destination address (and contact number at destination, if any).
HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS? PLEASE LET US KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
- Special accessibility instructions for the driver.
- Type of mobility device that you will use.
- The number of rider escorts or PCAs (personal care attendants) who will travel with you.
Click Here for....VTD Visitor-Escort/Companion and PCA Policy (English)
Be sure to
Make a note of the date, time and location of your ride. It may be different from what is ideal for you since it is a shared ride system, but the dispatcher will do his/her best to meet your schedule.
Be ready to ride when your trip is scheduled! Note that all passengers who schedule a riide with VTD will be given a 30 minute pick-up window. The bus may arrive at your location anytime within that 30 minute window. Because we strive to run on-time for all customers, we expect you to be boarding the bus within 5 minutes of its arrival.
Call us about information about group trips!
Service Rules & Notes
- Please be aware that although we make every effort to operate trips as scheduled, weather conditions, traffic and road conditions, and other unforeseen events may delay or even cancel service.
- Be sure to call us (preferably two hours in advance) if you are not taking your scheduled trip (you can leave us a message on voice mail if the dispatcher is not available):
- If the bus arrives for you and you do not ride, it is considered a “no show”.
Click below for the complete VTD "No show" policy
VTD "no show" policy
- For Safety Reasons:
- Riders are required to wear seatbelts while bus is in operation.
VTD will be able to transport a wheelchair if (1) the lift and vehicle can physically accommodate it and (2) if the size does not conflict with legitimate safety requirements. Legitimate safety requirements include, but are not limited to such circumstances as a wheelchair of such size that it would block an aisle, or would interfere with the safe evacuation of passengers in an emergency.
- Electric wheelchairs need to be turned off during the trip.
- Drivers are not permitted to lift passengers or mobility devices.
- Riders may bring up to three grocery bags or the equivalent on the bus. Equivalent items may be bags, packages or pets in contained appropriate cages.
- No flammable or hazardous devices are allowed, including weapons.
Please Be Considerate During Your Ride:
- Help us keep the bus clean for everyone - open food or drink containers are not allowed. You can have beverages if they are in sturdy travel mugs or containers with secure tops.
- Shoes, shirts and appropriate clothing must be worn.
- Abusive or disruptive behavior, smoking, spitting, loud music, or moving about the bus is not permitted.